Extending your living room outside is one of the most cost-efficient ways to maximize your space. Over the years, building a deck has been a popular recreation project for most U.S. households. Besides the aesthetic appeal that it adds to a property, there are plenty of other benefits that a deck offers.
This is why it’s ideal to choose the right materials for your area, like how you’d select the best roofer for a roof replacement. Here are the pros and cons of picking and utilizing popular deck materials:
- Pros: This material is known to be everywhere. It is also considered as one of the luxurious choices. Its grainy feature, durability and rotting resistance make it in demand.
- Cons: Its features say a lot about its expensive price and they don’t really accept stains or finishes very well either. Experts suggest that if you’re determined to add one, make certain that it’s been specifically formulated for tropical hardwood.
- Pros: Although redwood isn’t as easily available, particularly in the eastern regions of the country, it is still a great natural option, sharing several characteristics with cedarwood.
- Cons: These require an annual power washing and a coated finish for every three to four years. It may be more costly than getting frequent roof repairs.
- Pros: Concrete is immediately considered practical yet versatile and chic. Moreover, amongst all the common materials used for deck construction, this one is the easiest to clean.
- Cons: Some may feel like it has less character or just an ordinary choice than other options. It can also get very hot in the sun.
Are you looking for a team to work on your residential roofing system? Edward Klecka Construction Company is an expert roofing company with over 35 years of project experience in all roof types. We are also pleased to assist you in securing financing solutions for your remodeling projects. Call us today at (805) 633-4171 or fill out our contact form here.